I understood this to be the position of the Apostolic Church of Australia in 2010.
- The church is opposed to all divorce among Christians and others.
- Divorce and remarriage is permitted on the grounds of ‘porneia’ as taught in Matthew 19. This includes adultery but may also include any kind of illegitimate sexual intercourse.
- Divorce and remarriage is permitted for a spouse who has been deserted by his or her spouse (either a believer or unbeliever) once all possibilities of reconciliation have been exhausted.
- Any previous unlawful marriage is cleansed through forgiveness at conversion.
- A legally established presumption of death is grounds for remarriage.
- If believers willfully divorce after warnings from the church then they isolate themselves from the protective care of the church.
- Where there is proven violence which is irresolvable, separation should be seen as acceptable with the view to reconciliation.
- In the case of insanity, even when considered incurable, we see no Biblical grounds for divorce.