Table of Contents
Is marriage a Biblical covenant and can Biblical covenants be annulled.
Is Marriage a Covenant?
- Mal 2:14 KJV Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
- Pro 2:17 KJV Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
- Jer 31:32 KJV Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Can a Covenant be annulled?
- Gal 3:15 KJV Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
- Psa 89:34 NKJV My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips. (even though Israel had ‘renounced the covenant’ v39)
Except by death:
- Rom 7:2 NKJV For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband.
- In the context of Jesus death (Zec 11.13)Zec 11:10 NKJV And I took my staff, Beauty, and cut it in two, that I might break the covenant which I had made with all the peoples.