- Born Again Christians Just As Likely to Divorce As Are Non-Christians
– Barna Group Research. Interesting but sad reading.
- Divorce in the Bible in pictures
– I like pictures so I had to include this.
- The Story of Catherine of Aragon.
– This is a tragic story. Catherine was an exceptional woman. Shortly before she died she sent her unfaithful and cruel husband a letter stating that “mine eyes desire you above all things”. She understood what a marriage covenant really meant.
- Giles Corey
– The husband of Martha, was executed by ‘pressing’ because he refused to confess to the crime of witchcraft in the Salem witch hunts and remained faithful to his wife accused of the same. He is famously recorded as having said ‘more weight’ as they pressed his body to the death.
- Divorce rates over 100 years