The answers to the ‘Submission of Wives to Husbands’ survey can be determined quite easily.
(Q1) 0 (Q2) 0 (Q3) 10 (Q4) 0 (Q5) 0 (Q6) 10 [Disagree: 0 / Agree: 10]
The following verse tells us:
Eph 5:24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
So, all we need to do is substitute the word ‘Christ’ for ‘Husband’ and ‘Church’ for ‘Wife’ to determine the answers.
- The Church is to submit to Christ in the same way that Christ should submit to the Church. FALSE
- Mutual submission is required by God which means Christ submits to the Church in ways similar to the Church submitting to Christ. FALSE
- The submission of the Church to Christ is similar to the submission of servants to masters or children to parents. TRUE
- The word ‘submission’ could be adequately replaced by the words ‘respect and serve’. FALSE (The church does ‘respect and serve’ Jesus. But it must also obey Him)
- Both Christ and the Church are made in God’s image and so are equal in value. This means that both have equal ‘voting rights’ in decision making. FALSE
- The Church should obey Christ in all things as long as it does not violate God’s law. TRUE